Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Norwegian Cruise Line
- Read thousands of Norwegian Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Norwegian Cruise Deals
- Write a Norwegian Cruise Review
- Find Your Norwegian Roll Call
See posts about:
Norwegian Bliss
Norwegian Escape
Norwegian Jewel
Norwegian Spirit

Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Gem
Norwegian Pearl
Norwegian Star

Norwegian Dawn
Norwegian Getaway
Pride of America
Norwegian Sun

Norwegian Epic
Norwegian Jade
Norwegian Sky

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 9th, 2014, 11:07 PM
nilema12397's Avatar
nilema12397 nilema12397 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Henderson, Nv
Posts: 10
Default A Great Getaway Review 3/1/14-3/8/14


A Great Getaway Review 3/1/12-3/8/14


A little background on us, we are a family of four, my parents (50ís), my sister (26) and I (just turned 30). This was the third annual birthday cruise for me, with last years being on the Epic, with the same itinerary, so we chose this cruise for the ship. I decided to write a review on this ship since I didnít have very many to read before we went on our sailing with it being so new. Feel free to ask any questions

Day 1 - Miami

We arrived at the port around 9:30 and weíre close to being the first ones there. Around 10:30 they opened up security and let us through. Check-in was painless and we were assigned group one for boarding. We werenít going for vibe passes but definitely could have gotten them if we wanted to. We boarded the ship around 11:30, and went to the buffet for lunch. I tried the pulled pork burger and it was very salty, I ended up eating the tuna croissant sandwich which was really good. After lunch DM went to sit out by the pool and DD, DS, and I went to look around the ship. We ended up in the atrium where we decided to try a lobster tail from Carlos Bakery, it was delicious! This was our first visit of many to the bakery. The chocolate cannolis were amazing as well. (a side note: we sometimes had to wait in line a long time just to get a pastry because they were very slow in making coffee drinks, this happened in the atrium and the actual bakery on deck 8)


After that they announced our rooms were ready so we went to check them out. We had two balcony rooms, one on deck 11 towards the aft and one on deck 13 towards the front of the ship. The set-up with the bed by the balcony is much better than the bed by the bathroom, it gives more room to get around and are able to use the closet better. The balconies are smaller than other ships but were fine for two people to use at once. We had pre-ordered the oreo buttercream cake from Carlos Bakery for my birthday and it was waiting for us in our room. It was one of the best cakes Iíve ever had. It was too much for four people but we managed to finish three-fourths of it by the end of the trip. We also had chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of red wine waiting for us from the casino staff since we were casino guests. We did our unpacking until the mandatory boat drill. There was plenty of space in the room for my DS and I and we both overpacked. There are drawers under the sofa that we used for shoes and shelving under the counter in the main room that was helpful for us.


After unpacking we went to check out the spa tour and sign up for the raffle. This was the first time Iíve looked at the spa on a ship and I probably shouldnít have, now I know what Iíve been missing out on. We didnít win anything in the raffle For sail-away we went to deck 16 by the pool and waved good-bye to Miami, we were officially on vacation!


We had made reservations online for Cagneys tonight for my birthday dinner. This ended up being the best dinner of the cruise. We had the shrimp cocktail and sliders for appetizers and the filet mignon for the main course, which was cooked perfectly and was nice and tender. For sides we tried the mac and cheese, onion rings, creamed corn, and the au gratin potatoes, all were very good, we even got two more servings of the creamed corn. The best desserts were the oreo cheesecake and raspberry creme brulee.


After dinner we went to Headliners for Howl at the Moon dueling pianos. This was my favorite activity on the Epic last year and couldnít wait to go again. They were good but not as good as the group from the epic. Headliners has a better set-up though and was easy to see from just about anywhere in the room. My DS put in a request for my birthday and I had to go on stage for a song and they sang Happy Birthday to me. Around 11 DS and I went to the Bliss Lounge to check out the welcome dance party. The room was pretty full and we danced for a little before heading off to bed.


Up next Day 2 and 3- At sea
__________________

Upcoming
Norwegian Star 6-6-2014 - Baltics

Past
Norwegian Getaway 3-1-2014 E. Caribbean
Norwegian Epic 3-2-2013 - E. Caribbean
RCCL Allure 11-18-2012 - W. Caribbean
Norwegian Star 2-26-12 - W. Caribbean
Norwegian Pearl 6-5-2011 - Alaska
Carnival 8-21-2010 - Mexico
Disney Magic 1999 - Caribbean
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old March 9th, 2014, 11:27 PM
drhry drhry is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pine Ridge Fl
Posts: 485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilema12397 View Post
A Great Getaway Review 3/1/12-3/8/14


A little background on us, we are a family of four, my parents (50ís), my sister (26) and I (just turned 30). This was the third annual birthday cruise for me, with last years being on the Epic, with the same itinerary, so we chose this cruise for the ship. I decided to write a review on this ship since I didnít have very many to read before we went on our sailing with it being so new. Feel free to ask any questions

Day 1 - Miami

We arrived at the port around 9:30 and weíre close to being the first ones there. Around 10:30 they opened up security and let us through. Check-in was painless and we were assigned group one for boarding. We werenít going for vibe passes but definitely could have gotten them if we wanted to. We boarded the ship around 11:30, and went to the buffet for lunch. I tried the pulled pork burger and it was very salty, I ended up eating the tuna croissant sandwich which was really good. After lunch DM went to sit out by the pool and DD, DS, and I went to look around the ship. We ended up in the atrium where we decided to try a lobster tail from Carlos Bakery, it was delicious! This was our first visit of many to the bakery. The chocolate cannolis were amazing as well. (a side note: we sometimes had to wait in line a long time just to get a pastry because they were very slow in making coffee drinks, this happened in the atrium and the actual bakery on deck 8)


After that they announced our rooms were ready so we went to check them out. We had two balcony rooms, one on deck 11 towards the aft and one on deck 13 towards the front of the ship. The set-up with the bed by the balcony is much better than the bed by the bathroom, it gives more room to get around and are able to use the closet better. The balconies are smaller than other ships but were fine for two people to use at once. We had pre-ordered the oreo buttercream cake from Carlos Bakery for my birthday and it was waiting for us in our room. It was one of the best cakes Iíve ever had. It was too much for four people but we managed to finish three-fourths of it by the end of the trip. We also had chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of red wine waiting for us from the casino staff since we were casino guests. We did our unpacking until the mandatory boat drill. There was plenty of space in the room for my DS and I and we both overpacked. There are drawers under the sofa that we used for shoes and shelving under the counter in the main room that was helpful for us.


After unpacking we went to check out the spa tour and sign up for the raffle. This was the first time Iíve looked at the spa on a ship and I probably shouldnít have, now I know what Iíve been missing out on. We didnít win anything in the raffle For sail-away we went to deck 16 by the pool and waved good-bye to Miami, we were officially on vacation!


We had made reservations online for Cagneys tonight for my birthday dinner. This ended up being the best dinner of the cruise. We had the shrimp cocktail and sliders for appetizers and the filet mignon for the main course, which was cooked perfectly and was nice and tender. For sides we tried the mac and cheese, onion rings, creamed corn, and the au gratin potatoes, all were very good, we even got two more servings of the creamed corn. The best desserts were the oreo cheesecake and raspberry creme brulee.


After dinner we went to Headliners for Howl at the Moon dueling pianos. This was my favorite activity on the Epic last year and couldnít wait to go again. They were good but not as good as the group from the epic. Headliners has a better set-up though and was easy to see from just about anywhere in the room. My DS put in a request for my birthday and I had to go on stage for a song and they sang Happy Birthday to me. Around 11 DS and I went to the Bliss Lounge to check out the welcome dance party. The room was pretty full and we danced for a little before heading off to bed.


Up next Day 2 and 3- At sea
Sounds great looking forward to next post.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old March 9th, 2014, 11:35 PM
thephillykid thephillykid is online now
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 567
Default

Great review so far, can't wait for more.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old March 10th, 2014, 12:09 AM
jdrouin's Avatar
jdrouin jdrouin is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Miami,FL
Posts: 63
Default

Looking forward to the rest of your cruise! Thanks for taking the time to share.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old March 10th, 2014, 12:17 AM
funat55's Avatar
funat55 funat55 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,116
Default

Enjoying your review so far. Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Thank you for taking the time to post especially since you barely got back.
__________________
Next Cruise: NCL Epic April 2015. Past cruises: NCL Getaway April 2014, NCL Pearl, Thanksgiving 2013, Island Princess May 2013, Carnival Inspiration Feb. 2012; Oasis of the Seas Sept. 2011, Carnival Triumph Oct. 2009, Carnival Pride July 2008, Carnival Freedom June 2007, Navigator of the Seas, November 2006, Carnival Ecstasy August 2006, Monarch April 2006, Carnival Paradise March 2005, Carnival Conquest July 2004, Disney Wonder July 2003, Carnival Paradise September 2001, Carnival Ecstasy February 1999, Royal Cruise line 1994, Holiday 1989, Julbilee 1988, Noordam 1987, Song of America May 1986
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #6  
Old March 10th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Jenjer Jenjer is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 602
Default

Thanks for your review can not wait to read more.

I have a weird question. Did you see if they ever served crepes?

On epic they were in the Garden Cafť in the evening.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old March 10th, 2014, 11:05 AM
meatball_nyc's Avatar
meatball_nyc meatball_nyc is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,309
Default

Happy Birthday!
Glad you had a great trip!
Looking forward to reading more.
Must be all the warm weather and sun in Miami. Everyone sounds so upbeat and happy!!
Can you send us some of it up to NY????



~Robin
Norwegian Breakaway July 2014
Carnival Miracle 2010
Carnival Legend 2006
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old March 10th, 2014, 11:53 AM
jdvmd's Avatar
jdvmd jdvmd is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,136
Default

Great review thus far! Happy birthday!
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old March 10th, 2014, 11:57 AM
CruiseGirlKS CruiseGirlKS is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 310
Default

Great review.
__________________
"Between cruises...I plan for cruises"
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old March 10th, 2014, 11:58 AM
SissasMomE's Avatar
SissasMomE SissasMomE is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenjer View Post
Thanks for your review can not wait to read more.

I have a weird question. Did you see if they ever served crepes?

On epic they were in the Garden Cafť in the evening.
oh those were so good, weren't they?!
__________________
Memorable Cruises

MV Atlantic (Home Lines) 4/84 - Bermuda
Majesty of the Seas 4/23/95 - Western Carib.
Caribbean Princess 3/12/05 - Eastern Carib.
Grandeur of the Seas - 4/13/06 - Western Carib.
Rhapsody of the Seas - 8/13/06 - Western Carib.
Caribbean Princess - 4/8/07 - Eastern Carib.
Majesty of the Seas - 10/24/08 - Bahamas
Norwegian Sky - 5/22/09 - Bahamas
Carnival Freedom - 12/26/09 - Western Carib. (NEVER again!)
Norwegian Sky - 12/20/10 - Bahamas
Norwegian Epic - 4/7/12 - Eastern Carib.
Norwegian Epic - 3/30/13 - Eastern Carib.
Norwegian Getaway - 4/12/14 - Eastern Carib.

Up next: NCL Escape
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old March 10th, 2014, 12:02 PM
nilema12397's Avatar
nilema12397 nilema12397 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Henderson, Nv
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenjer View Post
Thanks for your review can not wait to read more.

I have a weird question. Did you see if they ever served crepes?

On epic they were in the Garden Cafť in the evening.
The last night was the only night we ate in the Garden Cafť and they did have crÍpes
__________________

Upcoming
Norwegian Star 6-6-2014 - Baltics

Past
Norwegian Getaway 3-1-2014 E. Caribbean
Norwegian Epic 3-2-2013 - E. Caribbean
RCCL Allure 11-18-2012 - W. Caribbean
Norwegian Star 2-26-12 - W. Caribbean
Norwegian Pearl 6-5-2011 - Alaska
Carnival 8-21-2010 - Mexico
Disney Magic 1999 - Caribbean
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old March 10th, 2014, 12:30 PM
lovewine's Avatar
lovewine lovewine is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 215
Default

What night did they have lobster on the buffet?
__________________

Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old March 10th, 2014, 01:20 PM
nilema12397's Avatar
nilema12397 nilema12397 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Henderson, Nv
Posts: 10
Default Day 2 and 3

Day 2 - At sea


We ordered room service breakfast to start out today, they came early and woke us up lol. The boat was rocking quit a bit this morning, we wear the patch but also had to take a little meclizine today. We met DM and DD at Bingo to try and win the Haven Suit they were giving away. We didnít win


After that we went up to the Flamingo grill for lunch. I had the pulled pork, it was alright. There was a lot of fried choices here and nothing was hot. After lunch we went to lay out by the pool. Forget trying to find a spot right by the pool, but we found spaces right up on deck 16 and could see what was going on by the pool. Today we watched the Mr. Sexy Legs Competition, which was pretty entertaining. After awhile we went back to the room to get ready for the evening.


At 4 we again went to try and win Bingo, this time we were trying to become the Queen of Bingo so we could play for free all week...We didnít win Right after Bingo we went to line up for the Illusionarium, we got seats upfront by the stage but we were way off to the side so couldnít see the whole stage, ask to be seated towards the middle if you can. The show was very good. The meal was alright, the steak had a peppercorn sauce on it that was a little strong for us, the shrimp and dessert trio were good though. It was hard to eat anything without missing something in the show.


The show got out around 7, we went to the Atrium to get our picture taken with Captain Tommy, since this is the picture I buy from every cruise. After this we went to the Grammy room to do some karaoke. DS couldnít find any of the songs she usually sings in the song selection though so we left. We went to see if we could get in to the the Levity Comedy show with Pete Correale, we hadnít made reservations for this so we had to wait in the standby line. He was hilarious and we were laughing the whole time, the opener was very funny too. I enjoy the stand-up comedy shows much better than the improv shows of Second City on the other ships.


After the comedy show we went up to the buffet for a late night snack. We had some pizza, cookies and ice cream. We turned in early tonight since we had to turn our clocks an hour ahead.


Day 3 - At Sea


We went to the Flamingo Grill this morning for breakfast, they had lemon and chocolate flavored cinnamon rolls that were very yummy. They also had eggs and fruit, I believe they would make your eggs to order there too. We went to morning trivia in the atrium and enjoyed a chocolate cannoli from the bakery We stayed for the technical presentation with the Captain, the First Engineer, and Julie the Cruise Director.


At 12:30 we went to the Wine Lovers the Musical. We got seated in a booth in front of the stage, perfect seats to see everything. At the table there are five wine glasses out at each spot and are numbered so you know when to drink each one. The bring out a Prosecco at the end to make it six glasses of wine for the whole show. They are generous pours of each wine, The meal is similar to the Illusionarium show with the steak being much better with a mushroom sauce and the Mochaccino Cheesecake is to die for! Seriously the best cheesecake I had on the ship. The show was very cute too, with cast members from the Legally Blonde show.


After that DS and I went to nap off our wine. We went to Bingo at 4 and guess whatÖ.we didnít win We had dinner tonight in OíSheehanís for the prime rib special. It was cooked just right and very good. DS and I ordered milkshakes that werenít worth the money.


We went to Burn the Floor next. This show was just ok for me, the dancers were good but it seemed to long for me. We did Deal or No Deal after that which was in the atrium and got really crowded in there. Both contestants that were chosen did very well in the game leaving with the highest amounts Iíve ever seen for the game. Than it was off the buffet for a late night snack of pizza and ice cream. DS and I decided to go see the comedian again at 11, we had to wait in stand by but got in. The show was with Pete again and it was basically the same as the other night which was a bit disappointing but still funny.


Next up Day 4 St. Maarten
__________________

Upcoming
Norwegian Star 6-6-2014 - Baltics

Past
Norwegian Getaway 3-1-2014 E. Caribbean
Norwegian Epic 3-2-2013 - E. Caribbean
RCCL Allure 11-18-2012 - W. Caribbean
Norwegian Star 2-26-12 - W. Caribbean
Norwegian Pearl 6-5-2011 - Alaska
Carnival 8-21-2010 - Mexico
Disney Magic 1999 - Caribbean
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old March 10th, 2014, 01:37 PM
jdvmd's Avatar
jdvmd jdvmd is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilema12397 View Post
Day 2 - At sea


We ordered room service breakfast to start out today, they came early and woke us up lol. The boat was rocking quit a bit this morning, we wear the patch but also had to take a little meclizine today. We met DM and DD at Bingo to try and win the Haven Suit they were giving away. We didnít win


After that we went up to the Flamingo grill for lunch. I had the pulled pork, it was alright. There was a lot of fried choices here and nothing was hot. After lunch we went to lay out by the pool. Forget trying to find a spot right by the pool, but we found spaces right up on deck 16 and could see what was going on by the pool. Today we watched the Mr. Sexy Legs Competition, which was pretty entertaining. After awhile we went back to the room to get ready for the evening.


At 4 we again went to try and win Bingo, this time we were trying to become the Queen of Bingo so we could play for free all week...We didnít win Right after Bingo we went to line up for the Illusionarium, we got seats upfront by the stage but we were way off to the side so couldnít see the whole stage, ask to be seated towards the middle if you can. The show was very good. The meal was alright, the steak had a peppercorn sauce on it that was a little strong for us, the shrimp and dessert trio were good though. It was hard to eat anything without missing something in the show.


The show got out around 7, we went to the Atrium to get our picture taken with Captain Tommy, since this is the picture I buy from every cruise. After this we went to the Grammy room to do some karaoke. DS couldnít find any of the songs she usually sings in the song selection though so we left. We went to see if we could get in to the the Levity Comedy show with Pete Correale, we hadnít made reservations for this so we had to wait in the standby line. He was hilarious and we were laughing the whole time, the opener was very funny too. I enjoy the stand-up comedy shows much better than the improv shows of Second City on the other ships.


After the comedy show we went up to the buffet for a late night snack. We had some pizza, cookies and ice cream. We turned in early tonight since we had to turn our clocks an hour ahead.


Day 3 - At Sea


We went to the Flamingo Grill this morning for breakfast, they had lemon and chocolate flavored cinnamon rolls that were very yummy. They also had eggs and fruit, I believe they would make your eggs to order there too. We went to morning trivia in the atrium and enjoyed a chocolate cannoli from the bakery We stayed for the technical presentation with the Captain, the First Engineer, and Julie the Cruise Director.


At 12:30 we went to the Wine Lovers the Musical. We got seated in a booth in front of the stage, perfect seats to see everything. At the table there are five wine glasses out at each spot and are numbered so you know when to drink each one. The bring out a Prosecco at the end to make it six glasses of wine for the whole show. They are generous pours of each wine, The meal is similar to the Illusionarium show with the steak being much better with a mushroom sauce and the Mochaccino Cheesecake is to die for! Seriously the best cheesecake I had on the ship. The show was very cute too, with cast members from the Legally Blonde show.


After that DS and I went to nap off our wine. We went to Bingo at 4 and guess whatÖ.we didnít win We had dinner tonight in OíSheehanís for the prime rib special. It was cooked just right and very good. DS and I ordered milkshakes that werenít worth the money.


We went to Burn the Floor next. This show was just ok for me, the dancers were good but it seemed to long for me. We did Deal or No Deal after that which was in the atrium and got really crowded in there. Both contestants that were chosen did very well in the game leaving with the highest amounts Iíve ever seen for the game. Than it was off the buffet for a late night snack of pizza and ice cream. DS and I decided to go see the comedian again at 11, we had to wait in stand by but got in. The show was with Pete again and it was basically the same as the other night which was a bit disappointing but still funny.


Next up Day 4 St. Maarten
Thanks for continuing such a great review. Nice to hear about the Wine musical. I guess I have been under a rock or something but this is the first I have heard of a Prime Rib special at O'Sheehan's. Can you please elaborate on this?
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old March 10th, 2014, 01:54 PM
nilema12397's Avatar
nilema12397 nilema12397 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Henderson, Nv
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovewine View Post
What night did they have lobster on the buffet?
Lobster night was day 2 in the buffet. I didn't attend so I can't say much about it, but DD went later in the night and was able to get a few.
__________________

Upcoming
Norwegian Star 6-6-2014 - Baltics

Past
Norwegian Getaway 3-1-2014 E. Caribbean
Norwegian Epic 3-2-2013 - E. Caribbean
RCCL Allure 11-18-2012 - W. Caribbean
Norwegian Star 2-26-12 - W. Caribbean
Norwegian Pearl 6-5-2011 - Alaska
Carnival 8-21-2010 - Mexico
Disney Magic 1999 - Caribbean
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old March 10th, 2014, 01:59 PM
nilema12397's Avatar
nilema12397 nilema12397 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Henderson, Nv
Posts: 10
Default O'Sheehans Nightly Specials

Each night for dinner O'Sheehans had a nightly special from 5:30-9. Don't go early they won't serve it until it is time. Lol

Day 1: Prime Rib
Day 2: Ribs
Day 3: Prime Rib
Day 4: Chicken Fry
Day 5: Spare Ribs
Day 6: Prime Rib
Day 7: Chicken Fry
__________________

Upcoming
Norwegian Star 6-6-2014 - Baltics

Past
Norwegian Getaway 3-1-2014 E. Caribbean
Norwegian Epic 3-2-2013 - E. Caribbean
RCCL Allure 11-18-2012 - W. Caribbean
Norwegian Star 2-26-12 - W. Caribbean
Norwegian Pearl 6-5-2011 - Alaska
Carnival 8-21-2010 - Mexico
Disney Magic 1999 - Caribbean
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old March 10th, 2014, 02:29 PM
maja651's Avatar
maja651 maja651 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 1,093
Default

How much was the Wine Lover's the Musical?
__________________
Michelle

Upcoming cruises:
NCL Star Garden Villa! Bucket list cabin! - November 2015

Past Cruises:
NCL POA Balcony Cabin- April 2007
NCL Star Aft Penthouse suite - April 2011
NCL Epic Aft Penthouse suite - April 2013
NCL Getaway 2 bedroom Haven suite - June 2014
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old March 10th, 2014, 03:19 PM
punkincc's Avatar
punkincc punkincc is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilema12397 View Post
Lobster night was day 2 in the buffet. I didn't attend so I can't say much about it, but DD went later in the night and was able to get a few.
We went to the buffet late in the evening and the lobster tails were plentiful. Also grilled shrimp skewers and other fish items we did not sample. DH and DS had several. The tails were split and a nice size. Good quality and actually much better than the ones we had in the MDR on another cruise.
__________________
Brenda & Vance
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old March 10th, 2014, 03:25 PM
punkincc's Avatar
punkincc punkincc is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja651 View Post
How much was the Wine Lover's the Musical?
If I recall correctly they were $25 per person, and a full meal is included, similar to the Illusionarium dinner. This is a luncheon and includes about 6 glasses of wine. The tastings were incorporated into the stage show which is about a gay and gal who meet at a wine tasting.
__________________
Brenda & Vance
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old March 10th, 2014, 03:55 PM
maja651's Avatar
maja651 maja651 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 1,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkincc View Post
If I recall correctly they were $25 per person, and a full meal is included, similar to the Illusionarium dinner. This is a luncheon and includes about 6 glasses of wine. The tastings were incorporated into the stage show which is about a gay and gal who meet at a wine tasting.
Thank you. Is this something you can pre-book?
__________________
Michelle

Upcoming cruises:
NCL Star Garden Villa! Bucket list cabin! - November 2015

Past Cruises:
NCL POA Balcony Cabin- April 2007
NCL Star Aft Penthouse suite - April 2011
NCL Epic Aft Penthouse suite - April 2013
NCL Getaway 2 bedroom Haven suite - June 2014
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:26 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.