Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > St. Martin/St. Maarten

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old November 3rd, 2013, 10:23 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Witenblauw villa A Decadent Day in Paradise

Wondering if anyone has any information about this shore excursion offered by celebrity or royal caribbean? Thanks!

Ad Sponsored By
Old November 3rd, 2013, 01:12 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsajsas View Post
Wondering if anyone has any information about this shore excursion offered by celebrity or royal caribbean? Thanks!
I have toured this property. It is spectacular! It has always been DH's faviorite property on the island beating out Donald trumps recently purchased property. It is owned by the lovely man who owns the Carousel. The beach in front is too rocky to swim in BTW but the two pools should probably be plenty for most people to keep them happy. There is a restaurant at the La Vista Resort and a few at the Flamingo resort if lunch is not provided. It would be a lovely place to spend a quiet relaxing day.

How much are they charging and what is included?

Old November 3rd, 2013, 03:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for the quick reply! The cost is $189 per person. Trying to decide is its worth it. Here is the description from RCCL website.

This tour will take you in air conditioned transportation to Villa Witenblauw where you can rejuvenate in the magical environment of brilliantly colored tropical gardens, the glistening light of the sun on the sea, a photographer’s dream, on this privileged tour of luxurious Caribbean living.

Upon arrival you will be greeted with a welcome glass of Champagne before being shown to your sun-loungers with comfortable cushions, double umbrellas and a plush towel for sun, pool and sea bathing. Unlimited water, soda, juice, beer, wine and mixed drinks will be served throughout the day by your waiter. Relax or swim in a shimmering pool and revitalise in a magical body of salt water, fresh from the sea. A bubbling Jacuzzi awaits with pleasure. A Mermaid beckons in a sister pool of fresh water. Stroll the white sand beach of Lai Baie, shower under a soft nebuli spray before lunch on the expansive polished teak terrace.

A chic Italian style buffet will be served including a mouth watering, home made Italian dessert. Stroll a photographer's dream, explore the terraced gardens of blooming bougainvillea, hibiscus, sweet fragranced frangipani and jasmine. Witenblauw...White and Blue. Take in a private utopia known for its relaxing, uplifting and totally romantic ambience. More awaits to a palette of taste.

Old November 3rd, 2013, 09:13 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply! The cost is $189 per person. Trying to decide is its worth it. Here is the description from RCCL website.

This tour will take you in air conditioned transportation to Villa Witenblauw where you can rejuvenate in the magical environment of brilliantly colored tropical gardens, the glistening light of the sun on the sea, a photographer’s dream, on this privileged tour of luxurious Caribbean living.

Upon arrival you will be greeted with a welcome glass of Champagne before being shown to your sun-loungers with comfortable cushions, double umbrellas and a plush towel for sun, pool and sea bathing. Unlimited water, soda, juice, beer, wine and mixed drinks will be served throughout the day by your waiter. Relax or swim in a shimmering pool and revitalise in a magical body of salt water, fresh from the sea. A bubbling Jacuzzi awaits with pleasure. A Mermaid beckons in a sister pool of fresh water. Stroll the white sand beach of Lai Baie, shower under a soft nebuli spray before lunch on the expansive polished teak terrace.

A chic Italian style buffet will be served including a mouth watering, home made Italian dessert. Stroll a photographer's dream, explore the terraced gardens of blooming bougainvillea, hibiscus, sweet fragranced frangipani and jasmine. Witenblauw...White and Blue. Take in a private utopia known for its relaxing, uplifting and totally romantic ambience. More awaits to a palette of taste.
Thanks for all of the information. Do you know what the maximum number per day is?

Old November 3rd, 2013, 09:48 PM
5,000+ Club

Gary a quick question for you. The villa that is offered here is the large one right on the beach next to the Flamingo resort toward Pelican Key and just befor the security gate inside where the Flamingo is. Have you ever heard of that stretch of beach being called Lai Baie before? I have not. I googled it and didn't see it there either.

Old November 3rd, 2013, 10:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

I do not know the maximum number of guest allowed. Wonder if anyone would have that info?

Old November 4th, 2013, 06:42 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
I do not know the maximum number of guest allowed. Wonder if anyone would have that info?
You should be able to get that info from the shore excusion desk. Try calling the cruiseline and ask to be transferred or ask for there e-mail.

Old November 4th, 2013, 12:38 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karysa View Post
Gary a quick question for you. The villa that is offered here is the large one right on the beach next to the Flamingo resort toward Pelican Key and just befor the security gate inside where the Flamingo is. Have you ever heard of that stretch of beach being called Lai Baie before? I have not. I googled it and didn't see it there either.
I have heard it referred to as Lay Bay before.

We've stayed at La Vista and La Vista Beach several times, which is adjacent, and I remember someone there referring to it as Stone Bay, Steenbaai in Dutch.

gary

Old November 4th, 2013, 12:46 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaylor View Post
I have heard it referred to as Lay Bay before.

We've stayed at La Vista and La Vista Beach several times, which is adjacent, and I remember someone there referring to it as Stone Bay, Steenbaai in Dutch.

gary
I don't think I have ever heard of it having a name before. Thanks

Old November 4th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

Spoke to a rep with celebrity. Not an exact number but she estimated a limit of 20-30 people.

Old November 4th, 2013, 09:33 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Spoke to a rep with celebrity. Not an exact number but she estimated a limit of 20-30 people.
I will be interested in hearing how it is if you decide to go. This is the same man who owns the Carousel Icecream Parlor with the beautiful crystal chandelier and marble stair case around back not to mention the antique carousel itself. He built it for the islanders to have a reasonably priced place to bring their children to. It is a beautiful place. I can't help but think that he would not be associated with something that wasn't classy yet not snobby. (if that makes any sense)

Old November 5th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karysa View Post
I will be interested in hearing how it is if you decide to go. This is the same man who owns the Carousel Icecream Parlor with the beautiful crystal chandelier and marble stair case around back not to mention the antique carousel itself. He built it for the islanders to have a reasonably priced place to bring their children to. It is a beautiful place. I can't help but think that he would not be associated with something that wasn't classy yet not snobby. (if that makes any sense)
It makes total sense. I will let you know if we decide on this. Thanks for all of your help!

Old November 5th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

:-) :-)

Royal Caribbean ?? 11/23/1991
Royal Caribbean ?? 02/1998
Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas 09/2001
Celebrity Galaxy 04/2004
Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Sea 04/2006
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas 04/2008
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas
Celebrity Mercury 03/15/2009
Carnival Pride 06/13/2009
Carnival Pride 09/20/2009
Princess Ruby 04/09/2010
Carnival Pride 09/12/2010
Carnival Legend 12/26/2010
Princess Ruby 04/15/2012
NLC Breakaway 09/08/2013
Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas 05/03/2014
Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas 05/10/2014

Last edited by Cruising Auntie; November 5th, 2013 at 12:38 PM. Reason: wrong

Old November 5th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
It makes total sense. I will let you know if we decide on this. Thanks for all of your help!

Was thinking of doing this. My cruise is May 3, is anyone going before that date.

Celebrity Galaxy 04/2004
Princess Ruby 04/09/2010
Princess Ruby 04/15/2012
NLC Breakaway 09/08/2013

Old December 8th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default website

I'm also thinking of this tour in 2015. Looking forward to reviews. The web search I did showed some beautiful pictures.

Old December 10th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhsaltshaker View Post
I'm also thinking of this tour in 2015. Looking forward to reviews. The web search I did showed some beautiful pictures.
If we do it in 14 I will let you know how it is.

Celebrity Galaxy 04/2004
Princess Ruby 04/09/2010
Princess Ruby 04/15/2012
NLC Breakaway 09/08/2013

Old January 17th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Very interested in hearing about this too!

Allure of the Seas - 11/17/13 - Western Caribbean
Enchantment of the Seas - 11/10/12 - Bahamas
Mariner of the Seas - 11/11/11 - Western Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas - 09/25/10 - Bermuda
Radiance of the Seas - 05/11/09 - Alaska
Carnival Pride - 10/15/06 - Mexican Riviera
Carnival Legend - 01/06/05 - Southern Caribbean - Wedding Cruise!!!
Carnival Legend - 04/23/04 - Bermuda
Regal Empress - 07/14/03 - Bahamas
Ecstasy - 01/05/01 - Bahamas

Old February 2nd, 2014, 01:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'm going on this excursion in March. I was looking for reviews of it, but since I can't find any, I will leave one in early April for anyone who is also looking for some info on it.

Old February 9th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Great Shore Excursion

We enjoyed the Decadent Day in Paradise shore excursion so much that I joined Cruise Critic so that I could make positive posts about it. We were there last week and enjoyed an amazing day with Georgia and her wonderful staff. This is a new shore excursion available only to Royal Caribbean and Celebrity guests and they limit the excursion to 20. The open bar is well-stocked and very available all day. The lunch is exquisite. The scenery is beautiful and the two pools and whirlpool are fabulous. The price is a little high but we felt like it was an excellent value. Enjoy!

Old February 9th, 2014, 08:38 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvbuckeye5 View Post
We enjoyed the Decadent Day in Paradise shore excursion so much that I joined Cruise Critic so that I could make positive posts about it. We were there last week and enjoyed an amazing day with Georgia and her wonderful staff. This is a new shore excursion available only to Royal Caribbean and Celebrity guests and they limit the excursion to 20. The open bar is well-stocked and very available all day. The lunch is exquisite. The scenery is beautiful and the two pools and whirlpool are fabulous. The price is a little high but we felt like it was an excellent value. Enjoy!
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed this excursion. Georgia is the owner of the Villa's daughter and she would have a vested interest to make sure that people really enjoy themselves. Twenty people max at this villa would ensure that it wasn't crowded. Thanks for sharing.