Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Princess Cruise Deals

NEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call

Old October 17th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

I am able to get ginger Altoids at Rite Aid. They do help.
Sali

Ad Sponsored By
Old October 17th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrak View Post
What was your original booking before the upgrade?
Well it would be an even better story if it were an inside cabin but it was a very small basic suite.

https://book.princess.com/images/cc/cc_mem_ben_elite.gif

Last edited by Kentskie; October 17th, 2012 at 10:31 AM.

Old October 17th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangefan View Post
I am able to get ginger Altoids at Rite Aid. They do help.
Sali
Trader Joe's sells some really good ginger chews. I love them. Never knew they could be good for motion sickness. The things one learns here...

Michael & Chris
Not Elite but having fun and don't really care...

Old October 17th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Question for Pia

Pia,
How many Chef's Tables have they scheduled on the 15 day cruise? Is it $75 per person still? Have you ever done it? Is it worth it? How do you sign up?

Thanks.

Star Princess 1996 & 1997(Eastern Caribbean), 2012 (Hawaii)
Sea Princess 1999 (Western Caribbean)
Golden Princess 2002 (Eastern Caribbean)
Caribbean Princess 2004, 2005, 2008(Eastern) 2006 (Western)
Dawn Princess 2005 (Eastern and Western)
Emerald Princess 2007- (Transatlantic Venice to FLL) & 2009 (Eastern Caribbean 40th Birthday cruise)
Ruby Princess 2009 - Southern Caribbean
Vision of the Seas - 2008 (Mexican Rivera)
Liberty of the Seas - 2011 (Transatlantic)

Old October 17th, 2012, 12:30 PM
30,000+ Club

Good Wednesday morning which appears to be the start of a warm and sunny day. Even though we lost another hour last night, our schedule hasn’t changed a bit. Sorry I didn’t check in again yesterday, but we were a little busy running from one thing to another. We did a whole lot of nothing in the morning, but had a quick early lunch in the IC so as to get good seats for Kevin Hughes presentation on How not to Lose your Mind. I believe this comic has a degree in neuroscience, but you know how the market has been. I suppose they’re not lining up on the corner offering jobs in his field. Seriously though, he’s quite intelligent, has some interesting ideas and injected in his lecture is lots of humor. There was a full house; standing room too.

Afterwards, we stayed in the theater to see Men in Black 3, which as you know is pretty screwy. Mike wondered why he stayed; I sort of enjoyed it. When of course I could figure out what was going on. Not a whole lot of time afterwards before we changed into jeans for dinner. Yes, into jeans. HC of course. Then off to Vista to get front row seats for the movie Arbitrage. Really liked this one a lot.

No chasing around today, because not much happening which interests us. There’s going to be another lei making session for which you need tickets. One today and one tomorrow and these are with ribbons instead of flowers. MUTS is showing “Big” in the AM, and also in the morning there will be a lecture; “Oceanography for Cruise Ship Passengers.”

Afternoon give us another lecture, “How the Telescope Changed our Universe,” Hunger Games in the theater and Yankess vs. Tigers on MUTS.

Evening entertainments is Crooner’s piano player Eric Stone doing a solo show in Vista, The Avengers on MUTS and vocal impressionist Michael Wilson in the theater. Explorer’s again is just doing trivia, the orchestra and then The Quest game. We’re not making a decision now, but our evening may very well be spent watching TV. Our choices are Bridesmaids or Alvin and the Chipmunks. Have seen both, so which would you choose?

BTW, my prize never arrived, so have nothing to report. As for chef's table, it's $95, there was one at the beginning and due to lots of requests, Rui added another one. He even asked us if we wanted to partake, which for this non foodie is really funny.

Auf Wiedersehn for now. OOPS, again I’m in the wrong part of the world.

Old October 17th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Pia,

Just so you know your "live" is helping my wife make it through her work day as we wait for our turn to go on November 5th. I copy and send all of your postings to her at work. Thanks for helping to keep her (sort of) sane.

Michael & Chris
Not Elite but having fun and don't really care...

Old October 17th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hey Pia,

I have absolutely nothing to ask/add/answer. Just wanted to say hi.

Simon
1/06 Westerdam -W. Caribbean * 1/07 Dawn Princess - Mexican Riviera * 1/08 Zuiderdam - E. Caribbean * 4/08 Celebrity Mercury - Alaska * 12/09 Crown Princess - W. Caribbean * 8/10 Sea Princess - Alaska * 1/11 Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera * 4/11 Island Princess - Panama full transit * 8/11 Sea Princess - Alaska * 2/12 Grand Princess - E. Caribbean * 4/12 Coral Princess - Panama full transit * 12/12 Star Princess - SFO to Buenos Aires * 4/13 Golden Princess - Hawaii * 10/13 Royal Princess - Venice to FLL * 2/14 Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera * 8/14 Star Princess - Alaska * 7/15 Diamond Princess - Japan

Old October 17th, 2012, 08:58 PM
5,000+ Club

I'd go with "Alvin and the Chipmunks." Hands (or paws) down.

Old October 17th, 2012, 09:06 PM
30,000+ Club

UPDATE: The goodie bag. This prize consists of two boxes of cookies; both shortbread. There’s a large box which is made by the Honolulu Cookie Co. and ha 15 cookies in 6 flavors. The small box says Big Island, is 4 oz. and holds 10 macadamia nut shortbread cookies, at 60 calories each. I have no idea as yet what I’m going to do with them, but one thing I am sure of is those boxes are staying closed.

We happened to be in the deck 5 Atrium at 9:30 and the line for getting the lei tickets was already snaking completely around the periphery and back through the art gallery. Amazing how many women want to do this. And a few men too.

Our day is a bit topsy turvy. We slept a little later, so breakfast came before gym. We went to the Oceanography lecture at 11:00; a very boring half hour of listening to how to measure Ph in the Med and the Amazon. Then guilt set it and I suggested we go to the gym. Not dressed properly for exercise, but still managed to do a not-so-fast mile on the treadmill. Guilt appeased.

Then, also not usual, we went to lunch in the DR; just had philly steak sandwiches. Both of us. Afterwards, we took our books and stayed out on deck 15 for 3 hours. Under cover. Extremely windy today. Very nice to occasionally alter your routine. No altering wine time, though. That’s now.

Happy to help keep your wife amused Thrak, and thanks Annie. Perhaps Alvin will win. See you all tomorrow.

Adios. Yes, another country.

Old October 17th, 2012, 09:50 PM
5,000+ Club

Pia, meant to ask you: what's been the daytime air temp on your sea days? People who say it's warm or chilly aren't being specific enough for me; I like precise data!

I'm sure the shortbread isn't as good as the average Tim Tam. Too bad the goodie bag didn't have wine. . . .

до свидания!

Old October 17th, 2012, 10:10 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsqrl View Post
Pia, meant to ask you: what's been the daytime air temp on your sea days? People who say it's warm or chilly aren't being specific enough for me; I like precise data!

I'm sure the shortbread isn't as good as the average Tim Tam. Too bad the goodie bag didn't have wine. . . .

до свидания!
I happen to love the cookies from the Honolulu Cookie Company. Especially the chocolate shortbread with white chocolate.. Pia, I think that its a great prize. And while I do not know this for a fact, I pretty sure they might taste really yummy with wine!

Enjoy the prize and the day!
Ruby Princess- Caribbean 12/23/11
Victoria Anna- Yangtze River Cruise 7/10/11
Caribbean Princess- Canada/New England 10/02/10
HAL Rotterdam- Alaska 07/10/10
Golden Princess- Alaska 07/11/09
Crown Princess-Baltic 07/09/2008
Several Princess Cruises to Bahamas July 1980s and 1990s

Old October 17th, 2012, 10:12 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracieABD View Post
I happen to love the cookies from the Honolulu Cookie Company. Especially the chocolate shortbread with white chocolate.. Pia, I think that its a great prize. And while I do not know this for a fact, I pretty sure they might taste really yummy with wine!

Enjoy the prize and the day!
Mmm, chocolate shortbread. All you need is some red wine and you've got yourself a heart-healthy snack right there!

Old October 17th, 2012, 10:19 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Mmm, chocolate shortbread. All you need is some red wine and you've got yourself a heart-healthy snack right there!
Seriously, Annie, HCC shortbread might just be the best shortbread EVER... and so many yummy flavors.

We probably need to book a HI cruise just to test the theory...

Old October 17th, 2012, 10:37 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia1913 View Post
UPDATE: The goodie bag. This prize consists of two boxes of cookies; both shortbread. There’s a large box which is made by the Honolulu Cookie Co. and ha 15 cookies in 6 flavors. The small box says Big Island, is 4 oz. and holds 10 macadamia nut shortbread cookies, at 60 calories each. I have no idea as yet what I’m going to do with them, but one thing I am sure of is those boxes are staying closed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracieABD View Post
HCC shortbread might just be the best shortbread EVER... and so many yummy flavors.

We probably need to book a HI cruise just to test the theory...
And what a great 60 calories to enjoy! The HCC shortbread cookies are great & we enjoy their variety pack very much...ono-licious!!!

Old October 17th, 2012, 10:43 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Flyer View Post
And what a great 60 calories to enjoy! The HCC shortbread cookies are great & we enjoy their variety pack very much...ono-licious!!!
So jealous that you live in HI, at least part time, and you get to have HCC shortbread anytime...
I live in NC. No HCC.

When I get to HI, one of my first stops is HCC. And here is a helpful hint to anyone traveling to HI. If you go into an HCC store, they will often give you a full size cookie as a sample! Bonus!!!

(Sorry, Pia, for the Highjack. I am feeling all kinds of obsessed right now!) Back to Pia's Most Excellent Live From...

Last edited by TracieABD; October 17th, 2012 at 10:44 PM.

Old October 17th, 2012, 10:44 PM
10,000+ Club

Hi Pia, Once again, thanks for taking us along on your cruise. I, too, love the Motor City show. I think it's my all time favorite and I never miss it when it's playing. Glad to hear you're having a great time. I love the Hawaii cruise and look forward to doing it again soon.

See you on the Ruby for the New Year's Eve cruise. Hi to Mike!

Old October 17th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Post Pia, live and FLL in Jan.

Hello Pia, glad you got a good "goodie bag". If you will be in FLL a day or two before you leave on the Grand, would love to meet you. See Caribbean roll call,we leave on the same day too and maybe we can make time to meet up. Glad you are enjoying your cruise and enjoying your posts.

Old October 17th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Heart healthy? Not hardly.
http://www.honolulucookie.com/Nutrit...nformation.jpg
http://www.honolulucookie.com/ingredientlisting.pdf

I think Pia is making a wise choice by not opening those boxes.

Last edited by billco; October 17th, 2012 at 11:57 PM.

Old October 17th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

I love the Honolulu Cookie Company, too. My favorites are the Kona coffee dipped in chocolate and the chocolate dipped coconut. I always bring several boxes home with me. You can order them online. I occasionally order them and give boxes out at Christmas time. Very yummy.

Old October 18th, 2012, 12:23 AM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
до свидания!
вы должны иметь хороший день!