Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Norwegian Cruise Line
Read thousands of Norwegian Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Norwegian Cruise Deals

How to Set Up a Meet & Mingle on Your NCL Cruise

NEW! Find Your NORWEGIAN Roll Call


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 24th, 2011, 09:53 AM
crusinmama06's Avatar
crusinmama06 crusinmama06 is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 18,811
Default Non-Haven Guests can now Dine with Haven Guests for $25

Effective Sunday, September 18th, guests staying in The Haven can invite non-Haven guests to join them in The Haven Restaurant for a fee of $25 per person. This fee will also grant guests access to The Haven Lounge. Guests of The Haven are entitled to invite up to four guests a maximum of two times per sailing. Children may be part of the invitation and will be counted as part of the total. Reservations will be handled on a first come, first served basis based on seating availability. For more information on the special amenities available for guests staying in The Haven, visit
www.thehaven.ncl.com
__________________


RCI Allure of the Seas 5/4/14
Norwegian Getaway PreInaugural 1/27/14
NCL Breakaway PreInaugural 5/8/13
NCL EPIC 11/24/12 - Ewes Baby!
RCI Enchantment 8/3/12 - Addicted to BERMUDA!
NCL Gem 10/2/11 - Back to Bermuda!
RCI Enchantment of the Seas 5/28/11 - Bermuda
RCI Grandeur of the Seas 9/11/10
Carnival Triumph 6/7/09
RCI Independence of the Seas 2/1/09
Disney Wonder 09/11/08
Carnival Sensation 08/07
RCI Freedom of the Seas 5/07
Carnival Elation 11/06
Disney Magic 2/05
NCL Norway 6/02
RCI Sovereign of the Seas 9/98
RCI Sovereign of the Seas 9/97
Kids club schedules and children's menus including RCCL Adventure Ocean, Camp Carnival,
Disney, NCL, Princess, HAL and Celebrity posted here....
http://photobucket.com/cruisekidpages

Last edited by crusinmama06; September 24th, 2011 at 09:56 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old September 24th, 2011, 09:59 AM
jake54321 jake54321 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 155
Default

Where did you hear/read this? I can't find any info about it.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:03 AM
darrengs darrengs is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 715
Default

Oh this is going to upset some people.
__________________
http://www.theschuttes.com/cruises/
------------------------------------
Darren
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Journey11 Journey11 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinmama06 View Post
Effective Sunday, September 18th, guests staying in The Haven can invite non-Haven guests to join them in The Haven Restaurant for a fee of $25 per person. This fee will also grant guests access to The Haven Lounge. Guests of The Haven are entitled to invite up to four guests a maximum of two times per sailing. Children may be part of the invitation and will be counted as part of the total. Reservations will be handled on a first come, first served basis based on seating availability. For more information on the special amenities available for guests staying in The Haven, visit
www.thehaven.ncl.com

Very interesting... Thanks for the information. This must be just for the EPIC.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:07 AM
minniegirl minniegirl is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 157
Default

We are staying in the haven on epic in november andpaid for exclusivity this is a one time deal for us and i will notbe happy ifi have to worry about getting a pool chair, etc
__________________
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #6  
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:10 AM
rvsullivan's Avatar
rvsullivan rvsullivan is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North in summer/Texas winter, but a Texan forever!!!
Posts: 4,780
Default

I'm one of the ones that usually is against giving suite perks to others. However, with that said, I think letting folks bring in limited guests and charging everyone including children a fee equivalent to the upscale restaurants if fine. Since it would be controlled to not displace the suite guests, I think it is a way to maximize the usefulness of the staffing in the Haven.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:14 AM
crusinmama06's Avatar
crusinmama06 crusinmama06 is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 18,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake54321 View Post
Where did you hear/read this? I can't find any info about it.
NCL sent it out this morning through their NCL Agent News - that is directly from them.
__________________


RCI Allure of the Seas 5/4/14
Norwegian Getaway PreInaugural 1/27/14
NCL Breakaway PreInaugural 5/8/13
NCL EPIC 11/24/12 - Ewes Baby!
RCI Enchantment 8/3/12 - Addicted to BERMUDA!
NCL Gem 10/2/11 - Back to Bermuda!
RCI Enchantment of the Seas 5/28/11 - Bermuda
RCI Grandeur of the Seas 9/11/10
Carnival Triumph 6/7/09
RCI Independence of the Seas 2/1/09
Disney Wonder 09/11/08
Carnival Sensation 08/07
RCI Freedom of the Seas 5/07
Carnival Elation 11/06
Disney Magic 2/05
NCL Norway 6/02
RCI Sovereign of the Seas 9/98
RCI Sovereign of the Seas 9/97
Kids club schedules and children's menus including RCCL Adventure Ocean, Camp Carnival,
Disney, NCL, Princess, HAL and Celebrity posted here....
http://photobucket.com/cruisekidpages
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:16 AM
jake54321 jake54321 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 155
Default

Thanks for the info..
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:18 AM
jake54321 jake54321 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniegirl View Post
We are staying in the haven on epic in november andpaid for exclusivity this is a one time deal for us and i will notbe happy ifi have to worry about getting a pool chair, etc
There are NO pool chairs in the Epic Club or Lounge...the OP did not
say the courtyard area.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:20 AM
LadyShiva LadyShiva is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,572
Default

Interesting... so it gives NCL a way to fine people for sneaking in to the Haven, too, at $25 a head.

Gotta love spin!
__________________


Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:25 AM
jake54321 jake54321 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShiva View Post
Interesting... so it gives NCL a way to fine people for sneaking in to the Haven, too, at $25 a head.

Gotta love spin!
I disagree with you. IMHO I think it's a way of families or friends in other catagories to be invited to dine there at a charge. It also save the suite guests begging the HD or Concierge to have friends join them for meal.
No one is sneaking in.............. I booked a Deluxe Owners Suite in December and I have no problem with this......as long as Haven guests
have priority over invited guests.

Last edited by jake54321; September 24th, 2011 at 10:28 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:32 AM
LadyShiva LadyShiva is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake54321 View Post
I disagree with you. IMHO I think it's a way of families or friends in other catagories to be invited to dine there at a charge. It also save the suite guests begging the HD or Concierge to have friends join them for meal.
No one is sneaking in.............. I booked a Deluxe Owners Suite in December and I have no problem with this......as long as Haven guests
have priority over invited guests.
I don't think we actually disagree. I'm referring to the thread the other day about how one can sneak into the Haven; you're talking about bringing a guest in.

And I agree with you about suite guests pestering the concierge; now the concierge has a policy to point to for "reasonable" limits.
__________________


Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:35 AM
jake54321 jake54321 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShiva View Post
I don't think we actually disagree. I'm referring to the thread the other day about how one can sneak into the Haven; you're talking about bringing a guest in.

And I agree with you about suite guests pestering the concierge; now the concierge has a policy to point to for "reasonable" limits.

You and I are on the same page then....wow it's amazing that people can
actually AGREE on these boards......
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:42 AM
LadyShiva LadyShiva is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake54321 View Post
You and I are on the same page then....wow it's amazing that people can
actually AGREE on these boards......
*laughing*

I just (try to) avoid certain threads and recognize and appreciate that my red hat-wearing MOTHER also reads here... Kinda keeps me in check lately to know that!

(that laughter you hear in the background is my mom laughing at my antics.. I prefer that sound to the alternative!!)
__________________


Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old September 24th, 2011, 11:18 AM
che5904's Avatar
che5904 che5904 is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrengs View Post
Oh this is going to upset some people.
I agree that some are going to be very upset considering the extra on their cabin for this privelege.
__________________
.
Acronyms most commonly found on on CC, NCL forum http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1642440


NCL Dawn 2-21-2009
NCL Star 2-21-2011
Carnival Glory 6-20-2013
NCL Dawn 2-9-2014

NO MORE CRUISING
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old September 24th, 2011, 11:21 AM
jake54321 jake54321 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 155
Cool

You and I must have the same mother !!
She never let's me use the flamethrower
anymore .
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old September 24th, 2011, 11:30 AM
slidergirl's Avatar
slidergirl slidergirl is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Exactly where I want to be
Posts: 3,341
Default

Questions:

Did The Haven restaurant always have enough seating so that every Haven guest could dine there? Is the anticipated extra guests from Joe Blow bringing his friends into the Haven restaurant/lounge going to keep a Haven guest from dining when he wants???

Could be a bad thing. If I paid for Haven and it's privileges, I'd be pretty upset if I can't use what I paid for WHEN I WANT TO because someone brought their friends (and possibly some noisy kids) in the restaurant.
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old September 24th, 2011, 11:32 AM
david_sobe's Avatar
david_sobe david_sobe is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 3,745
Default

I see this as the best of both worlds. It makes NCL money just like them selling Posh passes. And also settles the very hostile debate on inviting guests to dinner or breakfast at the suite restaurants. I dont see many taking NCL up on this offer. NCL was letting them in for free after long fights.
But this can be a win/win for both sides
__________________
NCL Cruises
March 2009 NCL Jewel - Western Carribean - Balcony cabin
January 2010 NCL Sky - Bahamas - Penthouse Suite
December 2010 NCL Epic - Eastern Carribean - Penthouse Suite
October 2011 NCL Sky - Bahamas - Balcony cabin
February 2013 NCL Epic - Eastern Carribean - 2 bedroom Haven suite

Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old September 24th, 2011, 11:35 AM
david_sobe's Avatar
david_sobe david_sobe is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidergirl View Post
Questions:

Did The Haven restaurant always have enough seating so that every Haven guest could dine there? Is the anticipated extra guests from Joe Blow bringing his friends into the Haven restaurant/lounge going to keep a Haven guest from dining when he wants???

Could be a bad thing. If I paid for Haven and it's privileges, I'd be pretty upset if I can't use what I paid for WHEN I WANT TO because someone brought their friends (and possibly some noisy kids) in the restaurant.
I have eaten in all NCL restaurants and I can assure you the most loud, noisy people both children and adults are in the courtyard/haven restaurants.
On Epic in the Epic club there was a family that was so obnoxious that when they left the entire restaurant applauded. There are many in the suites that have a great sense of entitlement that since they are paying extra they can do whatever they want. It is the minority but witnessed it many times.
__________________
NCL Cruises
March 2009 NCL Jewel - Western Carribean - Balcony cabin
January 2010 NCL Sky - Bahamas - Penthouse Suite
December 2010 NCL Epic - Eastern Carribean - Penthouse Suite
October 2011 NCL Sky - Bahamas - Balcony cabin
February 2013 NCL Epic - Eastern Carribean - 2 bedroom Haven suite

Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old September 24th, 2011, 11:47 AM
swedish weave's Avatar
swedish weave swedish weave is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 8,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_sobe View Post
I have eaten in all NCL restaurants and I can assure you the most loud, noisy people both children and adults are in the courtyard/haven restaurants.
On Epic in the Epic club there was a family that was so obnoxious that when they left the entire restaurant applauded. There are many in the suites that have a great sense of entitlement that since they are paying extra they can do whatever they want. It is the minority but witnessed it many times.
OH NO DAVID !!! It is ALWAYS the non-suite guests who are obnoxious and wear their baseball caps backward and wear tank tops with hair sticking out all over !!!

Note - Tongue firmly implanted in cheek !!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.